Have you ever seen a military trainer; who trains his troops? They taught them how to follow instructions, how to understand signals, and how to obey the command. And it requires training of hours and hours.
Your dog can become a solider for you; all it requires is proper training and guidance. Dogs are very loyal by nature, and they will follow your every instruction.
All you need to do is to train him in a proper way and make a strong relationship with your dog. Your bond with your dog will decide how much he obeys your command.
How to teach a dog to attack on command?
Dogs are known as one of the most friendly and loyal animals. And their friendly nature makes them distinctive from other animals. People love to have dogs as their pets, and they considered them as a partner.
The common perception of dogs is that they are only pet animals, and people often brought a dog as their pet. They are mostly not aware of their other abilities. Other than just becoming your pet, dogs have a lot to offer, and all it requires is your attention and dedication.
Tell me, what if a thief enters your house late at night, and robe your home. What would you like your dog to do? Either to let the thief go in and come out without making any noise. Or to start barking on the thief and attack?
Most of us love to have a dog that can protect our houses in our absence, and dogs have that ability. All they require is proper training and guidance.
Also Read it: How To Become A Dog Trainer?
The first thing to do is to select a breed of dog that can work as a watchdog. Not all breed of dogs can perform this. There is some breed of dogs that are very aggressive by nature, and such a kind is good for this work.
A mostly small breed of dogs is considered as good watchdogs, and a larger breed of dogs are good for guard duties. There is a difference between watchdogs and guard dogs. Watchdogs will only bark whenever they see any suspicious thing while guard dogs will attack whenever you command them.
Steps to train your dog attack on command.
- Start from giving him basic command, like sit, walk, run, bark, and so on. And see how he reacts to them. Teaching him basic commands is necessary because from here, he starts to take your orders.
- After he starts taking your orders, take a full glove on your arms. This is a necessary safety precaution, which prevents you from injury.
- After that, as your dog to sit, and tap him on his face again and again until he gets irritated and bite on your glove. This is necessary to teach your dog; how to bite in anger.
- As soon as your dog attack on the glove, loudly shout the word ‘’attack” again and again. With this, your dog will come to know when to bite on your command.
- Here the first step is complete after that treat your dog with some good food. Whatever he likes. Praising your dog is very important. It will encourage him to accept your orders.
- Now, repeat these steps 3 and 4 again and again, so your dog gets used to it. And fully understand the meaning. With this, your dog will understand the meaning or word ‘’attack”.
- After some time, stand at a short distance from your dog and shout the word ‘’attack” and see if your dog obeys your command. And repeat this again on a few occasions, so your dog will be fully aware of your order.
- Take a break, and reward your dog again, rewarding your dog is very important after every lesson. It will tell your dog that he is doing things in the right way.
- Now repeat step 7 a few times and observe your dog carefully, how he reacts to your command each time.
- After all this, the real action begins. Here you will teach your dog; how to attack an intruder or someone else. Every time you say the word ‘’attack”. Bring a doll of significant size or make a caricature. And the place is away from the dog. First, give him the signal of that direct and then say the word ‘’attack”. Your dog might come towards you, but when he sees your pointed finger, he will change his direction.
- Now to check that you have trained your dog well, make a real person and intruder, and ask him to get into your house. When the intruder comes in, give your dog command to attack and watch his reaction. And not only he should attack your command but also stop on your order.
Repeat these activities on different occasions on different intruders. And don’t forget to treat your dog every time. Your dog should not only attack your command but also stop on your command. These are fundamental basics that you should teach your dog. And I hope that these steps will come handy.
Read it Also: Best Puppy Obedience Training Tips you Must Know
Dogs can come handy while protecting yourself or protecting your house. They can become your loyal servants; all it requires is to make a strong relationship with them. And teach them to obey your command.
The best way of training your dog; on how to attack on your command, is to teach them step by step. And patience is the key factor while teaching them. Sometimes it can be quite hard to train a dog, but if you chose the right breed and have faith in your dog, then your dog will be able to attack your command after some time.
Another thing to notice here is that some dogs are considered as watchdogs, and some of them are known as attack dogs. Generally, you will see attack dogs in forces and militaries. They are professionally trained.
But for an ordinary person, watchdogs are best suited, because they are easy to train and short in stature.